Sunday, March 31, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Embrace it, Change it, Leave it

The Three Step Theory: Embrace it, Change it, Leave it

I can’t say that I created this paradigm; I’m sure if I were to Google I would find hundreds of entries along the same lines. Nothing is new, really; we just re-create different stuff in different formats.

Here is my format for this particular “stuff.”

You’re in a situation that makes you uncomfortable. Angry, impatient, sad, anxious, etc. I remember one particular job I had for 2 ½ years beginning in 2007. These were the steps I took then, even though I didn’t necessarily have a name for them at the time.

1) Embrace it.
I am here for a reason. What can I learn from this experience? What am I bringing to this situation? What is my contribution? Is there something I need to change in my thinking or my behavior to make this situation better? What can I do personally to improve here?

Changing our own thinking or behavior can lead to miraculous turnarounds, very quickly.

2) Change it.
I have explored all avenues of my thinking and behavior. I’ve made changes when needed. To improve this situation, I need to communicate. I believe there are suggestions I can make for positive change to others.

You can ask for help when being your best, authentic self hasn’t changed the feelings and experiences you are having surrounding this particular situation.

3) Leave it.
I have done everything I can possibly do. Now, I can leave this situation without any regrets, wondering “What if?”

This is the best three step process I know for any situation that doesn’t sit well with your heart and authentic self. Look at your own contribution first, authentically, honestly, and compassionately. Make changes you need to make. If you need help of others, ask for it. If you then need to leave the situation, with a full blown resonant feeling, do so…respectfully, graciously, with full integrity, knowing you have honored your deepest authentic self and the people who will be impacted by your decision.

The hardest work of all is to do nothing. –Jewish saying

Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment