Sunday, March 3, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Create Sacred Space

Create Sacred Space

Certain springs are tapped only when we are alone. –Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I’m writing about sacred space as a follow-up to my post regarding listening to your IVIN, inner voice/intuitive nature. This is relatively easy for me these days, as I live in a condo-style apartment I have lovingly decorated, with two cats I adore, and whom adore me. That’s it, other than the birds coming to the feeders, and people I intentionally invite over.

I typically have sufficient quiet time when I am not at the day job.

This wasn’t always the case. I know what it’s like to have a husband, step-kids who are teenagers (three, all boys!), furry kids, along with working, doing all the regular things to keep your life and household running, feeling like you are running your ass so thin it could break on a band-aid, and you simply want to go outside and scream. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes you go to the grocery store and want to fall asleep in the cart and have someone push you. Like off a cliff. Or at least to home and bed while unloading and putting your groceries away for you!

God, do I get that.

Obviously, I did eventually get divorced after trying everything I/we could think of to make the 12 year marriage work. (That is a very long story.) But you may not have to, if you only carve out time to listen to your IVIN.

A very good way to do this is to create your own sacred space. It can be a separate room, a closet, a nook, anywhere you can find that is authentically yours, and yours alone.

 

I have created an altar on the dresser in my bedroom. Some of the items here: Kwan Yin representation. Space-clearing bell. God Can (When I can’t, God Can.) Flower essence aromatherapy. Woven box I picked up on a solo retreat years ago. In it, a large piece of black obsidian, gifted to me by a dear friend. Small piece of branch from when I facilitated a break-out workshop at the HOME Center in Salem. Pendulum. Inspirational calendar and books. A photo of myself, smiling, at approximately age six with a caterpillar on a branch. Medicine bag filled with precious stones and a piece of bark I picked up during a solo trip to the Redwoods of northern California in 2009. Etc.  
 



And here are the oracle card decks I love, on the other dresser in my bedroom. I am quite a believer in cards like this, or anything that encourages you to pause, reflect, perhaps ask a question, and be open to receiving guidance. 

Cheers! to your sacred space, for today, and for always.


You do not need to leave your room.

Remain sitting at your table and listen.

Do not even listen, simply wait,

be quiet still and solitary.

The world will freely offer itself to you to be

unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at

your feet. –Franz Kafka


Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment