Sunday, April 7, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Solitude is a Gift You Give Yourself

Solitude is a Gift You Give Yourself

I hear it over and over again. Especially from married mothers who work full time, God Bless their hard-working souls.

“I simply have no time for myself.” “Even when I’m in the bathroom, someone is knocking on the door.”” I just locked myself in the spare room to talk with you, and I can still hear…(go ahead, fill in the blank)…going on in the”…(go ahead, fill in the blank)…

Oh, my.

(I tried finding images on-line for mothers shutting themselves away in a bedroom, and there were none…literally none. It was all about women shutting their kids in a closet, etc. That is quite telling, don’t you think?)

I am not married, just in a serious relationship with a man I don’t live with. I am not a mother, just lucky cat mom, lucky Auntie, and previously stepmom of three for 12 years.

And I require my solitude like being the Pope requires being Catholic. Or rather Catholicism requires of the Pope. Either way.

Pope Francis.

In other words, I can’t live without solitude and communion with inner Being to be my most authentic self. Well, of course I would live, but in a bitchy, anxious, and off-putting way. Not at all Pope-like. And I’m not even Catholic.



I know finding solitude and connecting with inner Being can be difficult at times. Maybe all the time. But how can you really connect with the ones you love when your own well of self-love is dry?

Fill it.

Solitude is a gift you give yourself.

Certain springs are tapped only when we are alone. –Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment