Sunday, April 14, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Confidence

Confidence

I shamelessly and admittedly pilfered this from the April 2013 issue of O Magazine, wherein the theme is confidence.

When Oprah talks about living your best life, it is the same as living a life of authenticity, bringing your truest authentic self into the world.



This page (16) included answers from contributors to the magazine’s questions, in regards to having a Can-Do Attitude.

These are the questions, and my answers:

*My quickest confidence booster is…

Taking a Godwalk while breathing and communing with nature, listening to my inner wisdom.

*The biggest risk I’ve ever taken is…

Moving to Arizona right after graduating from South Dakota State University, with no income source, few belongings, even less money, and knowing just one person in Phoenix.



My criterion, then, at the age of 21: 1) Warm climate. 2) Big city. 3) Where I knew at least one person. I didn’t think of it as a risk at the time, rather an adventure. I’ve regularly stretched myself into uncharted territory (mainly in my own mind, and spiritually and emotionally,) ever since.

*If I had no fear I’d…

Go sky-diving, jump out of an airplane. The thing is, I really don’t want to do that! One of my biggest fears (even though I am a certified voice teacher through the Transformational Voice Institute) is singing solo in public. Not singing in groups, not public speaking, but singing by myself in an environment that is anything other than karaoke.

I’m rehearsing a song to do just that as I am writing this!

Don’t be afraid to hit the ball. –Billie Jean King

Yes, we can! –Barack Obama

I’m young as morning and fresh as dew.
Everybody loves me and so do you. –Maya Angelou

Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment