Sunday, April 28, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. H’oponopono Prayer

H’oponopono Prayer

When I was going through a period of emotional turmoil (a long-ass period, I might add, towards the end of my marriage), a colleague who had been trained in the H’oponopono healing method in Hawaii introduced me to this very simple prayer.


I have used it since when I experience conflict with another person, typically in a business environment. And I have seen miraculous results within just a few days, up to two weeks, every single time. Energy shifts almost as fast as you can scramble an egg.

I have also recommended this prayer to a handful of friends who are in serious conflict with co-workers or loved ones. One told me, “I simply cannot bring myself to say that about this person.” And that is fine. She is where she is, and was honest about where she is right now.

But what I will say to you, dear readers, is this:

1) You’re really not saying this prayer TO or ABOUT another human being. It’s a prayer in your mind and heart; you don’t need to say it outloud. You are internally speaking to the energy that exists and the conflict you feel with this person.

2) Do you want to continue feeling the conflict, or not? If you like the feeling of conflict, why not just pour some sour milk on your cereal in the morning? Remember, being resentful towards another is like drinking poison, then expecting the object of your resentment to shrivel up and die.

3) You don’t even have to mean it. I say this quite seriously – the mere act of thinking the words, directed towards the person you are in conflict with, shifts the energy – like scrambling an egg. (And you can always throw in some green pepper, onion, and hot sauce while you’re at it! And no sour milk, please.)

I love you.

I’m sorry.

Please forgive me.

Thank you.

Here it is in Spanish, in a different order than I remember learning it. But I don’t think it really matters.


As much as you might be gnashing your teeth and clenching your fists about any particular conflict, with any particular party, I encourage you to shut down your pride and utilize this prayer…every single time you think of that person.

Your authentic self will not be sorry. It works.

Life is something like a trumpet. If you don’t put anything into it, you don’t get anything out. –W.C. Handy

All you need is love. –The Beatles

Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment