Friday, April 13, 2012

Gratitude For Health

Last Saturday night, I knew I was "coming down with something." I woke up Easter morning with a fever - hot sweats, and then those chilly, chattering, clammy moments, total body ache, belly-wrenching coughs...I'm recovering from being Uber-Ill from the Super-Crud!!! I haven't been this sick since I was a kid. Maybe that one time over Christmas, 1992... I literally did not shower or change clothes from Saturday night through Tuesday afternoon. A good blog person would have a photo of this. You would not like to see. My hair was a grease-ball and pimples had formed on my chin from not washing my face. I managed to feed the cats, drink water and water with lemonade mix, go to the bathroom...and that was about it. Oh, I did brush my teeth each night. Not floss, though - too much energy.


Seems like every other person I know has gone through the Super-Crud (at the office, we've been dropping like flies) but it seems to have impacted everyone in a slightly different way. Some with ear infections. Some not with fever like I had. Some sinusitis. I don't know what is going on here, but I suspect Dr. God is saying we all need to rest more, and BREATHE. The minute I felt slightly better, after having gone into the office two half days...I found myself cleaning house, doing laundry, all the things that had gone by the wayside while I was flat on my back in bed for three days.


Not such a smart move...I only felt more tired the next day.


Yet I am recovering now. And I had some amazing technicolor dreams during the illness.


The big lesson in this is to be grateful for my health. I shared an elevator down with a temp named Zach at the office yesterday, and he reminded me of this. I think of people who live with chronic illnesses that seemingly have no cure. I think of Dani in my office, who is younger than me, yet deals with chronic pain every day from a severe form of arthritis.


I am so grateful for for my health. I am truly blessed. And I send out a prayer - BIG, HUGE PRAYER - for anyone who deals with pain and/or illness on a regular basis.


Peace, healing, and love.


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment