Sunday, February 16, 2014

Simply Authentic...Your Soul Voice is Calling. Asking for Help

Asking for Help

I did something radical.

I hired a professional organizer.

This may not be a departure for you, but – trust me – it was for me.

See, the thing is, I’m a pretty darned good organizer myself.

I’m not going to change the oil in my car. I pay someone to do that. I have no desire to mend my coats when something rips – they do that at the dry cleaners. But organizing, I can and will do. At least once I helped a friend get organized for moving when she was feeling utterly overwhelmed.

It’s just I saw this post from a colleague on Facebook that said half off organizing services – regular price $40 per hour, now $20. And I immediately thought of my spare room. I had been “meaning” to get to that right after the new year…after the Christmas tree was taken down, the wrapping paper and ribbons were put away, the boxes I didn’t use to ship holiday packages were broken down and recycled, etc.

Everything had been piling up in the spare room – where friends sleep when they come to stay overnight. It had gotten to the point I had jars and cans of food on the bookshelves, a crock pot, blender and other kitchen items in there (there isn’t a lot of storage space in my kitchen), corners were jammed with stuff… It just felt icky in there.

And here comes this Facebook post. So I jumped on it.

For exactly $40, two hours of Pauline’s time, my spare room was completely transformed. She found room in closets and the kitchen I didn’t know was there, and when she was done, the spare room looked pretty instead of just functional. It feels great now, or as my fiancé worded it, “The energy has completely changed.”

I have asked friends for help decorating and moving before, and I have also given it.

This just happens to be the first time I have paid someone to do something I could very well have done myself.

It was worth it.

Authentically Yours,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment