Sunday, December 29, 2013

Simply Authentic...Your Soul Voice is Calling. Beware What You Put in Your Brain

Beware What You Put in Your Brain

So, I think…I’ve thought…I’ve noticed…the thoughts running through our heads have a huge impact on the quality of our lives and how powerful we feel.

I have been monitoring and changing the quality of my thoughts for years now.  It has become second nature by this point, but there are still often times I catch myself falling into limiting thought patterns and need to do a quick mind re-route. Or sometimes not so quick, or sometimes I need to do it several times before it “takes.”

My life has improved dramatically since I figured out that mentally beating up yourself, another person, situation, etc., really isn’t that great of an idea. It doesn’t change or help anything. It just makes it worse. Just by thinking about things differently, situations that would have made me angry in the past no longer do. I simply don’t take things personally so much anymore. I finally get that very little is truly about me other than what I choose to hang out with in my mind.

I have collected quotes for years, and am a big believer in reading something inspirational first thing in the morning. I read at least a short phrase that makes me feel empowered, with my cup of tea, every morning before I start my work day.

What makes you feel empowered and true to yourself? Certain verses from the Bible? Your favorite writer? Buddhist traditions? Native American? Divine Feminine? A favorite poem? I love Robert Frost’s THE ROAD NOT TAKEN so much that I once stenciled it onto my home office wall. (With a lot of help from Marie – thank you again if you happen to read this!!!)

What you turn your attention to first thing in the morning sets your tone for the day. I say put some fresh spearmint in your morning tea while you’re reading something that totally makes you want to jam.

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth

 

Then took the other, as just as fair

And having perhaps the better claim

Because it was grassy and wanted wear

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same

 

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black

Oh, I kept the first for another day

Yet knowing how way leads on to way

I doubted if I should ever come back

 

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -

I took the road less traveled by

And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost

Authentically Yours,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment