Sunday, August 18, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Just Be You

Just Be You

As I was cleaning the bathroom floor just now, on my hands and knees, I began having an imaginary conservation in my mind, as we all do from time to time, with a close family member. (Hopefully you are having a mental conversation with your own close family member and not mine. I might be fearful otherwise.)

The question in my imagination (which probably never would have been asked anyway) was something like this. “Why aren’t you going to organize that lunch we talked about?  Who is going to do it if you don’t?” It could equally have been, “You’re not going? But you said you would.”

No matter the myriad of questions that could have been posed in my mind, the response was this:

I have spent far too much of my life trying to structure myself and activities around what I thought other people wanted or needed from me.

As it turns out, what I thought they needed or wanted from me wasn’t it at all.

They just needed me to be me.  

Authentically Yours,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment