Sunday, June 9, 2013

Simply Authentic...your soul voice is calling. Earning a Loving

Earning a Loving

I just got home from the theater after seeing Star Trek Into Darkness. This was a great movie, action-packed for sure!

I’m by no means a Trekkie, or Trekker, or whatever the term is, but I did enjoy Gene Roddenberry’s original series on television as a kid, and many of the TV shows and films as an adult. I love how the current cast, plot and direction pay respectful, and humorous, homage to the original TV series, and how Leonard Nimoy was once again in this film, playing an older version of Spock.

 


The classic dynamic between Spock’s logic and Kirk’s impetuous gut feelings remains wonderfully intact. Thank God.

 


It occurs to me that we (humans, without a drop of green vulcan blood running through our veins) each may battle at times between our “logical” mind and our “illogical” heart. I know I do! I have learned to pay close attention to my emotions, but there are times I look at my emotions and just go “What the f…? Where is this coming from? And why the h… did I have to experience this just right now? It’s so…inconvenient!”

Which, for some reason, brings me right back to something Michael Brown wrote in THE PRESENCE PROCESS: A Journey Into Present Moment Awareness, a book I mentioned in a previous post:

The idea that our purpose in being alive is found in something we are supposed to be doing is a misunderstanding that originates in childhood. It’s a misunderstanding passed on as part of the ancient belief systems that are energetically imprinted in us from the generations before us…

Our parents ask, “What are you going to be when you grow up?” This question denies the validity of everything we are already. Consequently, we behave as if manufacturing a life that supplies the correct answer to this question will bring us the unconditional love we didn’t receive as children.

This quest sets in motion the endless “doings” that become our adult life experience. We try to prove we are worthy of being alive by succeeding or by not succeeding. Even though we are already alive, we go in search of a purpose through which we may “earn a living.”

What we are attempting is to “earn a loving.”

Which brings me right back to a trailer about mountain men I saw before the Star Trek movie started.

What do I do for a living? I live for a living. –Paraphrased from trailer re: mountain men

Authentically Yours, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment