Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Play Time

A vendor brought egg burritos - chicken, chorizo and vegetarian - into the office today. A lot of people were really excited about the burritos. I had one, the chorizo. But I was WAY more excited that there were little containers of Play-Doh by the burritos. I presume the same vendor brought them in.

I snagged three - orange, green and pink - lifting the lids to see the colors and smell that scent of Play-Doh! When was the last time??? It smells the same as when I was a kid. I waited until I got home to play. After I had gone to the grocery store, to the gym, and cleaned my entire place. You know, did all the "adult" stuff I needed to do.

And then I played. Here are my Barbies in summery clothes (I'm looking forward to summer - and I'm not even going to get into the whole social commentary about what Barbie dolls mean to our young girls - although I'm certainly aware of the possibilities) holding a Play-Doh beach ball I rolled with my own two hands.

I had so much fun. It's important to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment