Saturday, March 10, 2012

Living Life Intuitively

I had lunch with my mediation teacher, Tsipora, at Whole Foods Market today. I know the next steps I will be taking, now that I have my mediator's certificate from Portland Community College.
I was struck, in listening to Tsipora's story, how much we both live our lives intuitively. Tsipora started trusting this process at a much younger age than I did, and she's almost 60 now. Tsipora was born in Israel and recruited to become trained as a nurse in the army at the tender age of 18. She saw war on the front lines that early in her life...and knew that there must be a better way to resolve conflict.

When I started with the M/6 women's group (M to the 6th power) back in 1999, I had no idea how much my life would change because of attending that first meeting. Becoming a part of this group eventually lead to my first book, Six Degrees To Your Dreams, and my first business, Wishweavers, LLC.

When I attended my first voice class with Linda Brice, I had no idea I would eventually be asked to become an apprentice teacher, and that - two years later - I would be teaching my first private voice student in barter for a beautiful painting.

 
I signed up for Tsipora's mediation class at PCC for the same reason I signed up for that first voice class. I knew I was supposed to be there. The minute I walked in, I felt at home - that I was with my "tribe." I feel a calling to be a part of peaceful conflict resolution. Of course, if I'm really good at this, I could end up making $350/hour as a divorce mediator, or something like that. But that's not why I'm doing it - anymore than becoming a voice teacher at $55/hour was why I signed up for that first voice class.

I'm living my life intuitively...taking steps I feel drawn to take...and waiting to see how the process unfolds. It's been working really well for me. I highly recommend Living Life Intuitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment