Friday, December 30, 2011

How Are You?

How are you? (hahaha)
So, what I think of when someone says that depends on HOW he/she says that!  If, it is offhand and just like a greeting then I wish they would just say "Hi." In those cases I just say "hi" back to them.  I can't tell he/she is not really interested in HOW I am!  But, when a friend or long time unseen acquaintance asks it with eye contact and true interest I soften a bit.  I may not say more than "I'm doing well", or "fine, how are you", but at least its not as off putting as the person who uses it as a greeting! Ugh! That is irritating.  Kind of like Joey on Friends... Very rarely though, will I actually answer the real question, "how are you?" with an honest response.  I would only do that with a very close friend. 

AR, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment