Monday, February 27, 2012

A Wonderful Wedding

Lorinda and Richard's wedding was wonderful.

Here's a photo of me and my partner, Ralph, at the wedding.

I found it rather interesting that when I made this post - and also posted some of the photos on Facebook - a couple of people thought it was MY wedding!

Can you see me with my arms outstretched in the sign of a cross and quickly going to hang garlic around my neck??!! Lol.

Don't expect to see this gal walking down the aisle any time soon!

Trust me, it has nothing to do with Ralph; he's really fabulous. In fact, probably the most fabulous guy I've ever met - and the amount of things we have in common is almost uncanny. As is the communication style we established very early on - like on the first date.

It's just one of those - been there, done that - kind of things. When I married Jeff in 1994 I had no second guesses, no qualms, and knew we'd be together for life.

But then, after over a dozen years of marriage, and trying so hard to make it work - including two separations and a really good counselor - whom I credit for our marriage lasting an additional 2 1/2 years...we weren't.

In the five plus years I've been single, I've realized there are many things about being single I truly love. After being with people all day long, it's nice to come home to my quiet, nicely decorated, place and greet my two lovely cats, Lady Jane and Katie Mae.

All of this said, I couldn't be happier for Lorinda and Richard. I share in their happiness, and can't wait to have them over for dinner, with Ralph, after things calm down for them after the wedding.

(And, besides, I heard that I had been described as a "force of nature with fairy wings" by the bride, to someone I hadn't met until the bachelorette party. I considered that a huge compliment. :) I think.)

Here's to beautiful unions...in whatever form they appear and take shape. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment